Azure as IDP for HelloID with Autopilot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Azure as IDP for HelloID with Autopilot

What are the possibilities to set HelloID as IDP for Azure if we use AutoPilot? We no longer have on-premise hardware and we do not have access to ADFS, for example.

Are there possibilities?
    Last edited by t4e_sjoerdvandijk; 10-27-2021, 02:47 PM.

Currently HelloID is not supporting WS-Trust which is required for Azure autopilot. We are looking into the possibilities of supporting this but if this will be put on the roadmap, since this is a very big feature this won't be in the upcoming releases.

Also please be aware that if you federate your Azure domain with HelloID and you don't have a hybrid setup with a on-premise domain, administration pages might be limited or not usable in the Azure portal since Microsoft is expecting that if you federate a domain all management is done in the system of the federation partner as well. This could implicate that you have to create your own Service Automation forms or powershell scripts to manage your users and resources.

Comment

t4e_sjoerdvandijk, when reading your question it sounds like you want Azure to be the IDP of HelloID, correct? This would mean users can log on to HelloID by logging into Azure? Is this just a typo? Or your actual use case? Because if this were your actual use case I don't really see how Autopilot can be an issue here.

I think it is safe to say we currently have no way of setting up HelloID as the IDP for Azure when using AutoPilot (or Intune MDM and the AutoPilot features) without the use of ADFS in between.
      So if there is no ADFS server and Autopilot is in use, we cannot set up SSO between HelloID and Azure without the known issues, correct Wim Bronswijk ?
      Kind regards,

Ramon Schouten
      Consultant

Comment

That is correct.

Comment

[email protected] That was a typo indeed, I changed the question. Awnser is clear. Thanks

Comment

Hi,

I saw that Rick responded on this request: https://helloid.canny.io/access-mana...an-helloid-t4e and said that they currently investigating/implementing a beta version to support this.

Does the above mean that it will be possible soon? Is there any insight when this will be available?

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Gietels ,

This is tough to say, but according to Rick's response on the feedback item, it is expected to have some results in the next couple of months.
              Since this is quite a complex integration, I don't think it would be available within 3 months. My guess would be that this would take at least 6 months, but this is a total guess.
              rvddijssel perhaps you can elaborate on this?
              Kind regards,

Ramon Schouten
              Consultant

Comment

He Gietels ,

We are still busy with this feedback request but we don't have a release date yet it certainly takes a couple of releases before we have a production-ready beta. If that's the case I'll update the feedback item.

Comment

Working...
              X