Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HelloID Provisioning - AFAS Source connector - Increasing take from endpoint to 999

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HelloID Provisioning - AFAS Source connector - Increasing take from endpoint to 999

Hi everyone,

I was looking into the HelloID-Conn-Prov-Source-AFAS-Profit connector on GitHub and I noticed that the code collects data from AFAS in sets of 100 records. From what I noticed that if you increase the return from 100 to 999 by changing the $take-variable in the Get-AFASConnectorData-function, you get the same results with less calls and this resulted in a significant performance gain.

Is there a reasoning behind having a take of 100 vs a larger take?
    Kind regards,

Benjamin Fresco
    Technical IAM Consultant/SME

Hi there BFresco,

There is no specific reason for the batch of 100, other than it is the default at AFAS (according to their docs).
    I.M.O. you could make this free, but my advice would be to check with your AFAS consultant if the quantity is supported/agreed on the AFAS side.
    E.g. querying data in batches of 5000 could cause a lot of stress on their endpoints, whereas batches of 500 would not be a problem.
    Unfortunately I don't have the magic number here, if you do know, please let us know and we can adjust our template on Github
    Kind regards,

Ramon Schouten
    Consultant

Comment

• BFresco
      BFresco commented
      Editing a comment
      So I reached out to our AFAS contact within the organisation and they informed that the maximum take can be calculated based on the columns that are present in the Connector you are calling out to, with the following calculation:

[Amount of the take] * [Amount of columns] < 150.000 e.g. if you have connectors has 15 columns, you can apply a take of 9.999 records, but not of 10.000

Please refer to the following KB-article from AFAS NL (unfortunately, I was not able to get a reference in English):
      https://help.afas.nl/help/NL/SE/App_...htm?query=take

Thanks for the headsup. I know that the MS Graph API supports batch sizes up to 999, so I was curious if this was possible and tried it against our development environment and was able reduce the processing time of the person.ps1-script to 62 seconds opposed to 165.

So if AFAS allows this, this could indeed be a major performance increase. Ill check with my AFAS contact
    Kind regards,

Benjamin Fresco
    Technical IAM Consultant/SME

Comment

Working...
    X